Symptoms of LICE
The 3 types of lice cause different symptoms to show.
- Itchy scalp
- Sores on the scalp caused by scratching and infecting it
- Appearance of louse eggs or nits – tiny grey colored eggs on the part of the hair close to the scalp
- Actually seeing a louse, which are grey or brown in color, on or near the human head.
- Tiny red bumps on any part of the body, caused by the insect’s bite.
- Appearance of nits on clothing
- Itching in the genital area
- Appearance of tiny crab like insects in and around the genital area
- Crab lice feces, which appear as tiny dark spots on underwear